Continuous Care Initiative
Introducing the C2C Continuous Care Initiative
Founder and CEO, MarieYolaine Toms, shares the heart behind our Continuous Care Initiative (CCI) in Petit Goâve, Haïti. Hear directly from community members on the ground about how the CCI has helped so many families receive the healthcare they deserve.
What exactly is the Continuous Care Initiative (CCI)?
What’s in it for members of the community?
CCI has provided access to
Two-hour walk down the mountain to the hospital vs. 10 min walk to Health & Wellness Center on the mountain.
- Regular wellness visits with the doctor vs. mobile clinics established a herd-like mentality. Building a relationship with the same doctor creates trust and willingness to take care of oneself.
- These services are not free, but the nominal and highly affordable fees paid by the community are a monthly revenue stream for the local “peyizan” associations. The Peasant Association uses the revenue to cover ongoing administration to ensure the monthly doctor’s visits continue. This format will make the initiative self-sufficient and sustainable.
- The Continuous Care Initiative is life-saving.
- When you prevent a child from getting diarrhea, you save its life.
When you help adults lower their blood pressure, you save a life.
Where do we go from here?
With your help, we will complete the next phase, building a Health & Wellness Center that will expand and continue the current offerings of the CCI plus:
- Implement a telehealth system that can link medical staff in Haïti with medical professionals in our network for troubleshooting and guidance, including training
- Provide quarterly CPR and First Aid training
- Provide yearly cervical cancer screenings